Have you always wanted to be the cool guy, who always seems to do the right thing? Or are you yearning to be the cool girl, who flows through life with ease and grace? If you think about all the people who you think of as cool, you’ll find that they have several characteristics in common: they’re all confident, unique, and generally on friendly terms with everyone. There’s no reason you can’t be like that yourself. There is really no true universal definition on how to be cool, but here are some guidelines to get you started.
- Don’t just think about it — do it.
- Don’t be needy.
- Be yourself.
- Practice self-disclosure.
- Be friendly, but not excessively eager.
- Be a good conversationalist.
- Refrain from using too many colloquialisms.
- Use humor.
- Speak up.
- Keep your “cool”.
- Don’t use bad behavior to get attention.
- Remember that people are your equals.
- Understand that some people won’t get it.
- Have faith in your friends.
- Don’t be afraid to be different.
- Be self-aware.
- Present yourself in a positive way.
- Be fit!
- Practice good hygiene.
- Project confident body language.
- Find your own style.